Venture Jones
Respond here for any suggestions for the forum and site.
🏜🎻🎮👌
Quote 0 0
Ostral
Some of these might possibly already be planned, but I supposed I might as well list everything that I can currently think of that I'd personally like to see:

Have the page side header shows page numbers to jump to instead of post amount numbers.

Change the time a post was made to a different size and font from the main message.

Have less blank space between posts.

Maybe add a border around posts.

Add a full border around quotes.

Add a settings option for objective post dates within threads themselves in place of the current "days ago, minutes ago".

Oh, and maybe different color themes to emulate the different roles in the old forum?

Quote 2 0
Venture Jones
Ostral wrote:
Some of these might possibly already be planned, but I supposed I might as well list everything that I can currently think of that I'd personally like to see:

Have the page side header shows page numbers to jump to instead of post amount numbers.

Change the time a post was made to a different size and font from the main message.

Add a full border around quotes.

Add a settings option for objective post dates within threads themselves in place of the current "days ago, minutes ago".

Oh, and maybe different color themes to emulate the different roles in the old forum?

Will try
Will try
Will try
Will try
Will try
Will try
In works lol
🏜🎻🎮👌
Quote 1 0
Ostral
I just realized another thing that I didn't consciously notice until now. Would you be able to put usernames above the avatar instead of above the post time?
Quote 1 0
Gob
Ostral wrote:

I'll answer some of these right off the bat.

Quote:

A lot of these aren't possible for us to customize, as most of the forum themes are pretty set in stone. A bit of a bummer, but what we lose in customization, we gain is speed and efficiency. The old forum, while we were able to do almost anything we wanted, had a lot of bloat and ended up feeling quite heavy because of it. 

Quote:

Again, as far as I'm aware, user-assignable themes aren't possible. To make up for this we plan on having rotating themes to keep things interesting. You'll see in a few weeks when it makes it's first change! 

Quote 1 0
Gob
Ostral wrote:
I just realized another thing that I didn't consciously notice until now. Would you be able to put usernames above the avatar instead of above the post time?

I didn't notice that either lol. That one may be possible.
Quote 0 0
GreenleafCM
For the Creative section, could there possibly a writing thread added? As well as an in-game creations thread (I can't really think of a good label to use right now lol) for things like screenshots, forge projects, ect.? Just so that all the bases are covered. Thanks. 🙂
💚🦅🐰💙
Quote 1 0
Gob
For the Creative section, could there possibly a writing thread added? As well as an in-game creations thread (I can't really think of a good label to use right now lol) for things like screenshots, forge projects, ect.? Just so that all the bases are covered. Thanks. 🙂

Yup! That can be added tonight. 
Quote 1 0
Ostral
Got another suggestion for something I just noticed. Hopefully this one is possible to be added: Add a notification whenever somebody quotes you, @'s you (wait, is that even possible right now?), and when somebody 'Likes' you post.
Quote 1 0
Gob
Ostral wrote:
Got another suggestion for something I just noticed. Hopefully this one is possible to be added: Add a notification whenever somebody quotes you, @'s you (wait, is that even possible right now?), and when somebody 'Likes' you post.

I’ve been itching for this one too. I find the best workaround currently to mention someone is to quote them and then just delete the contents on of the post. 

Kinda bootleg but works for now. Soon I’m gonna start emailing our provider to see of these things can get added. 
Quote 0 0
British Tyrannosaur
Perhaps a general movie and video game thread? I'd appreciate having them and i imagine they will create discussion
Quote 2 0
Venture Jones
Perhaps a general movie and video game thread? I'd appreciate having them and i imagine they will create discussion

I believe you should be able to make those topics, or other topics alike. We can reorganize things easily and if anything is low effort, can and will be removed.
🏜🎻🎮👌
Quote 1 0
HurryingCandy
Why is everything Green ? I like it but since when ? XD
Quote 0 0
Gob
Why is everything Green ? I like it but since when ? XD

Forgot to make a post on this, but the short version is we’re going to have rotating themes. Every few weeks we’ll change the header and the color to match it. 
Quote 0 0
HurryingCandy
Small request. On the main page you have the rolling banner from Donate to the album ect. Can you insert the Sheet Music banner Stellar made ?  Version 3.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Gob
Small request. On the main page you have the rolling banner from Donate to the album ect. Can you insert the Sheet Music banner Stellar made ?  Version 3.jpg 

Oooo good one. The dimensions are 1150x200 so this will have to be cropped, but it will work nicely. I'll make a thread for header guidelines and submissions right now. 
Quote 0 0
Tacit Axiom
It's a small thing, but I'm pretty sure the "Informitive" in "Informitive Terminal" should be "Informative".

Also, does this forum let you tag members? Typing @Member doesn't seem to work.
halo
Quote 0 0
Gob
Tacit Axiom wrote:
It's a small thing, but I'm pretty sure the "Informitive" in "Informitive Terminal" should be "Informative".

Also, does this forum let you tag members? Typing @Member doesn't seem to work.

Tagging doesnt work, no. Once we get a laundry list of features we'll send an email to the provider to see if things can get added, or if they're in the works.
Quote 0 0
HurryingCandy
I can understand the motivations of the different perspectives we are dealing with now but a Go To Chat in the Discord doesn't seem to me like a bad idea. I don't see how it has a negative influence to the forums. I don't think people are gonna come in and discuss  more serious Halo or Game topics. Simply by not allowing light off topic chat, Anyway that's my opinion. Do what you guys think is best. I prefer to chat on the forums myself, But that's me not everyone.
Quote 0 0
Prophet of Lore
Hi, I'm new to the site and it looks lovely btw. Just wondering if at any stage you could have a forum place for Halo collectors? This could be too much trouble or hassle to maintain but I'm always trying to stay in the loop with new merch, collectables etc. At least this way if others collected to we'd all be hearing what's new, or what's already been.

Thanks!
Quote 2 0
GreenleafCM
In line with what Axiom brought up, I noticed these forums don't seem to have any kind of notification system for when people reply/react to posts either. That would be a nice feature to have if it is possible. Please & Thanks
💚🦅🐰💙
Quote 5 0
Gob
Just realized you can see who liked a post by clicking the number by the thumbs up! 
Quote 0 0
Mendicant Bias

The Quarantine Zone is for such topics which are up for you to create.

Hi, I'm new to the site and it looks lovely btw. Just wondering if at any stage you could have a forum place for Halo collectors? This could be too much trouble or hassle to maintain but I'm always trying to stay in the loop with new merch, collectables etc. At least this way if others collected to we'd all be hearing what's new, or what's already been.

Thanks!

"The Assembly" is where such threads can be created which become fluid overtime as people get over the phenomena of posting anxiety.

In line with what Axiom brought up, I noticed these forums don't seem to have any kind of notification system for when people reply/react to posts either. That would be a nice feature to have if it is possible. Please & Thanks

At the top-right near "post reply" is a + for you to follow topics, while we have gotten accused to those feature they aren't offered on every forum. Over the next year we'll be looking into getting an actual forum created which doesn't cost hundreds of dollars yearly to maintain and plan on making that our final home. For such a move accounts would be carried over/pre-made for convince.
Quote 0 0
Tacit Axiom
When trying to update the opening post of my fanon thread in the community creations section, the editor only gives me a note that the post is "too old to edit". While a time limit on editing posts is understandable in some instances, it poses something of an issue for a thread where the purpose was always to keep that post as a directory which would be updated over time as more info was added.
halo
Quote 2 0
Venture Jones
Tacit Axiom wrote:
When trying to update the opening post of my fanon thread in the community creations section, the editor only gives me a note that the post is "too old to edit". While a time limit on editing posts is understandable in some instances, it poses something of an issue for a thread where the purpose was always to keep that post as a directory which would be updated over time as more info was added.

I don't happen to see anything in the settings that isn't allowing editing. It shows you are able to edit, anytime. But we're lookin into it. Mendicant and I.
🏜🎻🎮👌
Quote 0 0