DisMANTLERr
Did this really need to be said? I still can’t believe all the controversy over Halo 5’s T-Rating.12A9BA6D-0138-425D-AF78-C9958A0A7A37.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
LimyMage918
I think a lot of the reason people think they were trying to be t rated was the lack of blood, but in all honestly I just think it had something to do with either lack of time on the art department side or laziness. I would imagine blood being pretty low on their priorities and halo 5 certainly feels very rushed, especially during launch.
Quote 0 0
Mendicant Bias
It's a matter of reading about the devastation plasma and forerunner technology can inflict yet in-game there was never anything showing such carnage until Halo 4's composition scenes. Halo has been around for over a decade yet this was the first time i had a deep emotional response watching someone's soul being sucked and flesh incinerated. Halsey's arm pinged a reaction as well because,we haven't seen physical damage of any sort just colored puddles that are supposed to be blood.
Not to mention general lack of cussin not that the game has to be filled with it at the same time i absolutely expecting more " Fucks, oh shit, goddamn it, mother fucker" and so on than has been traditionally present.

These comments are nothing more than asking for more immersion within a universe involving aliens hunting humanity to extinction and constructs capable of wiping out entire systems of life.
Quote 1 0
SilentRebel38
LimyMage918 wrote:
I think a lot of the reason people think they were trying to be t rated was the lack of blood, but in all honestly I just think it had something to do with either lack of time on the art department side or laziness. I would imagine blood being pretty low on their priorities and halo 5 certainly feels very rushed, especially during launch.

Halo 5 certainly was rushed, especially because of the re-write mid-development by Microsoft, and the blood is certainly missing from the game. However, unlike past titles, there's really not much of a reason to rate Halo 5 as T. In Halo CE-3, we had the Flood, which was sufficient for the game to be rated M. Halo CE had crazy amounts of blood. However, Halo 3 is only rated M purely because of the Flood. Otherwise, it would have been T. ODST got it's M because it ran on Halo 3's code.

Reach is an odd choice for an M rating, but I can see why that choice was made. Reach's atmosphere gets really dark and desperate towards the end of the campaign and the ironic deaths of Noble Team were a bit brutal. Kat was shot directly in the head and that wasn't censored or hidden. It was shown right in your face. Emile was brutally impaled. Impalement of Spartans by Elites was also a reason for it's rating. As well as a good level of blood.
Halo 4 is an odd one out. Just like Halo 3, it's a T rated game, but it got it's rating because of the Composed scene, where it showed the flesh and skeletons of the scientists, especially Dr. Tilson's. Maybe because there's also skeleton models in the files.

Halo Wars 2 started as a T, but then Awakening the Nightmare released and slapped the rating hard with the Flood lmao.
Quote 0 0