TRUe REDEMPTI0N
I don't think there's gonna be a Halo 3 Anniversary or a remaster of the other games either. However, I think there could be something equally as cool for us to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our favorite franchise. The cinematics of CE, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5 remastered by Blur. Would be so amazing to have the cinematics be given the beyond incredible Blur treatment, would be quite the treat. You like the idea?
Quote 0 0
Ostral
Why would Microsoft spend possibly millions of dollars on this?
Quote 0 0
TRUe REDEMPTI0N
Ostral wrote:
Why would Microsoft spent possibly millions of dollars on this?
I think they could do it for the 20th anniversary of the franchise. But to do that, I think they could use a technique such as REQ packs to pay for it. I would honestly be cool with paying for that if it led to all previous games getting the Blur treatment.
Quote 0 0
Ostral
I think they could do it for the 20th anniversary of the franchise. But to do that, I think they could use a technique such as REQ packs to pay for it. I would honestly be cool with paying for that if it led to all previous games getting the Blur treatment.

I'd rather any hypothetical REQ money go to something more substantial.
Quote 0 0
TRUe REDEMPTI0N
Ostral wrote:

I'd rather any hypothetical REQ money go to something more substantial.
If Blur is going to remaster ciematics for the 20th anniversary, which games would you want them to if they couldn't do all of them?
Quote 0 0
Ostral
If Blur is going to remaster ciematics for the 20th anniversary, which games would you want them to if they couldn't do all of them?

If they decided go through with it for some unknown reason, I suppose I might go with Halo 3, since it has some nice spectacle.
Quote 0 0
TRUe REDEMPTI0N
Ostral wrote:

If they decided go through with it for some unknown reason, I suppose I might go with Halo 3, since it has some nice spectacle.
Something I remembered is with Reach our Spartan is in the cinematics, so they wouldn't do that one. Which scene in Halo 3 would you be in most awe by in the Blur format?
Quote 0 0
Ostral
Something I remembered is with Reach our Spartan is in the cinematics, so they wouldn't do that one. Which scene in Halo 3 would you be in most awe by in the Blur format?

I would not be in awe of any of them, but I imagine the long cutscene from the end of Floodgate to the beginning of The Ark would look pretty nifty.
Quote 0 0
TRUe REDEMPTI0N
Ostral wrote:

I would not be in awe of any of them, but I imagine the long cutscene from the end of Floodgate to the beginning of The Ark would look pretty nifty.
You would not be in awe of them?! How dare you!!!!! jk ðŸ˜
I do think the image of Chief and Cortana above the Ark and Halo would look even more incredible....
Quote 0 0
Tacit Axiom
You would not be in awe of them?! How dare you!!!!! jk Ã°Å¸ËœÂ
I do think the image of Chief and Cortana above the Ark and Halo would look even more incredible....

Unless they changed the camera angles and shot framing again for no reason like a lot of times in H2A...
halo
Quote 1 0
TRUe REDEMPTI0N
Tacit Axiom wrote:

Unless they changed the camera angles and shot framing again for no reason like a lot of times in H2A...
To be fair, Blur cinematography is on point and I think they actually did a better job.
Quote 1 0
Quirel
Would be kind of cool to see the original Halo reveal trailer remastered. Or a trailer that is its own thing, but borrows cues from the original.
Quote 0 0
Tacit Axiom
To be fair, Blur cinematography is on point and I think they actually did a better job.

There are parts where they definitely missed the mark; I haven't watched the H2A cinematics that many times, but I remember the Delta Halo reveal and the ODST drop in particular as throwing me off a lot with its odd choices of angles as well as what seem to be truncations. I also recall there being some jankiness in the the Gravemind conversation in regards to focus on characters. Just little things, but it's hard not to be bothered by them when you know how the scene's supposed to go.
halo
Quote 2 0