Mendicant Bias
I have an article in the works on the subject though i'd like to have a conversation before hand. As Halo 3 closed with The Dawn drifting towards Requiem we knew it was due to Mendicant Bias' tampering with the portal in hopes of showing the Forerunners He changed. Granted this ended up being a clusterfuck with the worst possible circumstances happening, why has 343I completely ignored the redemption of Mendicant Bias?  He was housed on The Ark so 04IIs destruction shouldn't have significantly affected him if at all, there was no whisper within Halo Wars Two or Hunters in The Dark of his activity.

Considering his redemption path being tied to The Didacts is this why 343i has seemingly ignored the character or do you think the have shelved his story permanently?
Quote 0 0
AOK
I have an article in the works on the subject though i'd like to have a conversation before hand. As Halo 3 closed with The Dawn drifting towards Requiem we knew it was due to Mendicant Bias' tampering with the portal in hopes of showing the Forerunners He changed. Granted this ended up being a clusterfuck with the worst possible circumstances happening, why has 343I completely ignored the redemption of Mendicant Bias?  He was housed on The Ark so 04IIs destruction shouldn't have significantly affected him if at all, there was no whisper within Halo Wars Two or Hunters in The Dark of his activity.

Considering his redemption path being tied to The Didacts is this why 343i has seemingly ignored the character or do you think the have shelved his story permanently?

05-032 Mendicant Bias' status should be considered as unverified. He is likely to still be functional, but there's nothing directly confirming his survival or destruction. The redemption of Mendicant Bias hasn't been ignored, as the legacy of his last known action may still result in what the ancilla desired. A healed (albeit, digitized) Ur-Didact recovered from the Domain's healing, hopefully setting on a journey to recover the also-missing Janus Key to aid the Reclaimers. This will be Mendicant's atonement, but only if this comes to pass. As of now, all we know is the Didact reflecting on the memories of his wife, imprisoned in the Domain. The question is, will he be freed, and if he will, by whom?

The next time we encounter the Domain might be when we see Shadow-of-Sundered-Star once more, perhaps. If Mendicant is to have survived the destruction of Installation 08, then his inactivity could be explained by awaiting the return of his makers, as he's keeping been very hush through the years. He wasn't waiting for the Reclaimers to return, or else he would be active once Mayhem crashed on the Lesser Ark. 

Quote:
But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.

How else can his "masters" (this being the active Forerunners, seemingly, of which there seems to be a few, or just the Ur-Didact) know that he's changed, unless either the Master Chief tells them who sent him to Requiem, or unless they know for themselves by venturing once more to the Ark? Unless Mendicant Bias has been shelved permanently, the only way this plot thread moves is through the Didact (or whatever is going on with the Forerunners at Bastion, of which we know little of) knowing of Mendicant's "example", simply. It's a waiting game until that event happens.
Quote 0 0
Mendicant Bias
AOK wrote:

The redemption of Mendicant Bias hasn't been ignored, as the legacy of his last known action may still result in what the ancilla desired. A healed (albeit, digitized) Ur-Didact recovered from the Domain's healing, hopefully setting on a journey to recover the also-missing Janus Key to aid the Reclaimers. This will be Mendicant's atonement, but only if this comes to pass. As of now, all we know is the Didact reflecting on the memories of his wife, imprisoned in the Domain. The question is, will he be freed, and if he will, by whom?

The next time we encounter the Domain might be when we see Shadow-of-Sundered-Star once more, perhaps. If Mendicant is to have survived the destruction of Installation 08, then his inactivity could be explained by awaiting the return of his makers, as he's keeping been very hush through the years. He wasn't waiting for the Reclaimers to return, or else he would be active once Mayhem crashed on the Lesser Ark. 

AOK wrote:

How else can his "masters" (this being the active Forerunners, seemingly, of which there seems to be a few, or just the Ur-Didact) know that he's changed, unless either the Master Chief tells them who sent him to Requiem, or unless they know for themselves by venturing once more to the Ark? Unless Mendicant Bias has been shelved permanently, the only way this plot thread moves is through the Didact (or whatever is going on with the Forerunners at Bastion, of which we know little of) knowing of Mendicant's "example", simply. It's a waiting game until that event happens.

How can you say his redemption hasn't been ignored with such confidence when there hasn't been any activity from him since Halo 3? Installation 00 has been visited twice now with a research fleet being stationed (at one point) yet no activity from Mendicant. We've seen a plethora of plots killed (Black Team,Janus Key) or outright ignored ( The Assembly, Reach seemingly being a shield world) most specifically the Didact himself, i think it is more than reasonable to question of Mendicant has been forsaken or will simply be written off as KIA at this point.  From his monologue Didact is still far from coming to terms with Humanity as a whole and at this point returning as some uber Promethean Knight would be disengaging as Halo Reach's utter retcon of events.

The Domain has already returned via Cortana as that's what stabilized her rampancy as Mantle's Approach made an emergency slipspace jump. Per Halo 3 IRIS/ Contact Harvest Mendicant Bias was indeed waiting for contact with Humanity as this was explicitly stated in both mediums. Unfortunately this only seems to further notion of his plotline being concluded despite the massive set up established as a cliffhanger. All of Mendicant's shards were said to have been collected over the course of Halo 2-3 with the Keyship returning to Installation 00 coalescing them all.
We've known Forerunners were alive and watching since IRIS, Halo 4 Terminals merely reinforced the notion.
Quote 0 0
AOK

How can you say his redemption hasn't been ignored with such confidence when there hasn't been any activity from him since Halo 3? Installation 00 has been visited twice now with a research fleet being stationed (at one point) yet no activity from Mendicant. We've seen a plethora of plots killed (Black Team,Janus Key) or outright ignored ( The Assembly, Reach seemingly being a shield world) most specifically the Didact himself, i think it is more than reasonable to question of Mendicant has been forsaken or will simply be written off as KIA at this point.  From his monologue Didact is still far from coming to terms with Humanity as a whole and at this point returning as some uber Promethean Knight would be disengaging as Halo Reach's utter retcon of events.

The Domain has already returned via Cortana as that's what stabilized her rampancy as Mantle's Approach made an emergency slipspace jump. Per Halo 3 IRIS/ Contact Harvest Mendicant Bias was indeed waiting for contact with Humanity as this was explicitly stated in both mediums. Unfortunately this only seems to further notion of his plotline being concluded despite the massive set up established as a cliffhanger. All of Mendicant's shards were said to have been collected over the course of Halo 2-3 with the Keyship returning to Installation 00 coalescing them all.
We've known Forerunners were alive and watching since IRIS, Halo 4 Terminals merely reinforced the notion.

There hasn't been any direct action from the construct, but with what he'd hoped to achieve, there has been activity on those fronts. Black Team themselves weren't specifically a plot thread, and the Absolute Record is simply missing as of now. It's entered the lore box of "potential items to be used later", as it seems to be. Regarding the Assembly, IIRC Catalog soft retconned them and I'm not aware of the Reach being a shield world concept. Again, with the Didact, the most recent mention coming from the coloring book, he still is there yet he isn't prominently used. But I don't disagree that it's unreasonable to question those things, as, well, with 343i, who knows what's the next thing they're going to do? Honestly, the only place where the Didact's monologue makes sense is after Cortana lays claim to the Mantle of Responsibility from within the Domain, given his references to Reclamation.

One could make the argument that Mendicant's wait for contact with humanity was already fulfilled when he spoke to the Master Chief. He did get what he wanted. While I do know of the living Forerunner connection with IRIS, I'm unsure as to how the Halo 4 terminals reinforce this?

By the way, one bit I forgot to mention in my last post is that perhaps the "Unknown Forerunner searching for Bastion" plotline could actually turn out to be Faber, according to one theory. It could tie in with Mendicant, as he mentions his "masters." 
Quote 0 0