Gob
Please bear with me on this one, as I don't consider myself much of a writer, and I've got a bunch of things looming over me that need to get done. My apologies if this feels a bit scattered and rushed but I think if you keep reading, it'll be clear why.

The Future:

As some of you already know, I'll be moving from my home state of New York to Arizona. As I'm writing this I have two days left before I begin the journey. With this I'll be going back to school for audio engineering. That, on top of a part time job, will most likely be taking up most of my time. With that, I'll most likely have little to no time for The Archive like I have in the past. I don't want to spread myself too thin, and in doing so sacrifice the quality of my education, or the quality of decision making here at The Archive.

With that said, my last day at The Archive as an "admin" will be today, October 25th 2018. What does that mean, really? It means I will no longer be taking part in "big decisions", I won't be putting down any more personal money, and no longer will you all be my minions-

My schooling will only be 12 months. Who's to say where I'll be after all that, but I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself back here after that for a bit. Doing what?- I can't say for certain. Audio engineering, whether it's music, games or movies, can be a grind. I'm ready for it, but I'm also aware that certain things will have to be sacrificed in order to get to where I want to be. This being one of them.

I WILL however still be around here (when my schedule allows it) to hang out and discuss Halo with you all, I will still be handling the merch side of things, and hopefully I'll still be able to edit themes on here every now and again 😉

As I reflect back, oddly enough I'm sitting in the exact spot where I spent most of my time on Archive. I'm once again pounding away on some keys on the forums in mid morning after finishing breakfast. In this moment, it feels like 2014 all over again. All that's missing is that blue text.

I'd leave some individual thank you's but honestly, that'd make this post 10,000 words long and I'd still be afraid of missing someone. Instead, I'd like to thank everyone who's ever posted or supported The Archive in any way. I'd like to thank everyone who's ever been on the staff. Even when we had rough times, it's taught me valuable lessons about working, communication, teamwork- everything really. I've made lifelong friends and was given the chance to do things I wouldn't have even thought of when I logged into Archive that first day.

So thank you to all the members, supporters, and the staff.

And to special thanks to 343i.

When you're younger, you consider game devs almost like superheros or something, or some untouchable position that you could only hope to one day get to. Now, I consider them, especially the folks at 343, more like colleagues. Fellow artists and collaborators that are working to the same goal *with* us. And I'm so, so grateful for that.

Like I said, I'll be making it a point to pop in here every so often, but you can still find me over on Twitter @ArchiveGob, and I'm gonna have a go at putting some things on YouTube (Aka Gob). I'm going to try to chronicle my journey across the United State, from NY to AZ. I'm driving so it will either be really interesting or really, really boring. That's yet to be seen. I've never really done anything on YouTube, but I've always been interested in filming, so I see this as another way to challenge myself. Or something, I don't know. And lastly, again if time allows, I'd like to take another crack at making some music with @HurryingCandy. You may have heard our first attempt at an "Archive Album", but I know he's got more in the tank for sure, I'll just have to do my best to keep up.

That's it from me, I've got a few more Archive related things to do and then I'll be wrapping up the rest of my packing and planning and hitting the road early Friday morning. It's been a pleasure and please keep in touch, I know I'll try to.

And as always,

Thank You.
Quote 13 0
HurryingCandy
I normally don’t drink but I’ll drink one to your service here as mod, member and friend. Good luck in School and we’ll all be here for you for a laugh or a talk. 
Quote 1 0
Venture Jones
😢
🏜🎻🎮👌
Quote 1 0
Tacit Axiom
Safe travels, and see you starside.
halo
Quote 1 0
DARK REIGN12
Good Luck man. Go kick some ass in school. 
Twitter

Now I'm Motivated!
Quote 1 0
GreenleafCM
Godspeed (or is it...Gobspeed? *ba-dum-tss*), good sir! Thank you so much for all your hard work here and best of luck to you in all your future endeavours. 🎉
💚🦅🐰💙
Quote 1 0
Gob
I normally don’t drink but I’ll drink one to your service here as mod, member and friend. Good luck in School and we’ll all be here for you for a laugh or a talk. 

Make sure it's whisky.

Thank you all. I'm up much past where I should be, but everything is packed and I leave bright and early in the morning! 
Quote 0 0
FevaMan
Why you want to make me cry? Also congrats on going back to school and good luck! Kick that class’s ass!
Quote 1 0
HurryingCandy
FevaMan wrote:
Why you want to make me cry? Also congrats on going back to school and good luck! Kick that class’s ass!

Gob doesn’t kick... he slaps👍
Quote 2 0
Mendicant Bias
I don't know how or why you came to the Archive but do remember the era. After soaking the environment in you immediately started taking more active roles within the community helping Mario,Cognitive,and I greatly.  The Archive is  fortunate to have a community where not a handful of people are exceptional and willing to help but dozens, some directly,consistently, others passively and indirect.  Anytime we asked of something it was never an issue for you,in time not only did a steady hand arise  but a good,personal friend often consoling Mario and I on what course we should take.
 When life got the better of Mario, i immediately leaned on you for support with me having to deal with my own circumstances shortly after.

Never did i ask for you to take over in my absence more so expected the fire to rise in which you did proudly. I've been prone to breaks (as the elder members know well) but this one lasted far longer than i intended without zero complaint or pressure. Time was allowed for me to get my life together in order to proper,consistently lead this community with you doing so well in my stead there wasn't an iota of concern.  All the keys were left in possession of someone who came as a lowly Manipular whom braved the Archive through changes and circumstance i to this day still don't know the details of. Without being asked,compensated,or guided the community survived a period where many,nearly all collapsed due to your oversight.  The weight wasn't on your shoulders alone however let us all acknowledge - Adv Jones, Benijam7, Folder of Fortune, Grizzlei, Hurrying Candy ,  Sith Venator, CIA391 ,Anton, Cognitive, MrMartini85, GrimBrother One,  Preston Cole, Tankmaster Gauche, Ani for being in your corner to support the vision.
Seems time has come full circle with me returning to the fold only for you to take it, I'd wish you well but already know you will do well as this community is a testament.
I wish your journey be exciting,worthwhile and culminate into the very ending being worked for.  Hopefully the Archive will open it's court for you again in due time.

Long Plans Indeed...
Quote 2 0
Gob
I don't know how or why you came to the Archive but do remember the era. After soaking the environment in you immediately started taking more active roles within the community helping Mario,Cognitive,and I greatly.  The Archive is  fortunate to have a community where not a handful of people are exceptional and willing to help but dozens, some directly,consistently, others passively and indirect.  Anytime we asked of something it was never an issue for you,in time not only did a steady hand arise  but a good,personal friend often consoling Mario and I on what course we should take.
 When life got the better of Mario, i immediately leaned on you for support with me having to deal with my own circumstances shortly after.

Never did i ask for you to take over in my absence more so expected the fire to rise in which you did proudly. I've been prone to breaks (as the elder members know well) but this one lasted far longer than i intended without zero complaint or pressure. Time was allowed for me to get my life together in order to proper,consistently lead this community with you doing so well in my stead there wasn't an iota of concern.  All the keys were left in possession of someone who came as a lowly Manipular whom braved the Archive through changes and circumstance i to this day still don't know the details of. Without being asked,compensated,or guided the community survived a period where many,nearly all collapsed due to your oversight.  The weight wasn't on your shoulders alone however let us all acknowledge - Adv Jones, Benijam7, Folder of Fortune, Grizzlei, Hurrying Candy ,  Sith Venator, CIA391 ,Anton, Cognitive, MrMartini85, GrimBrother One,  Preston Cole, Tankmaster Gauche, Ani for being in your corner to support the vision.
Seems time has come full circle with me returning to the fold only for you to take it, I'd wish you well but already know you will do well as this community is a testament.
I wish your journey be exciting,worthwhile and culminate into the very ending being worked for.  Hopefully the Archive will open it's court for you again in due time.

Long Plans Indeed...

❤

(from New Mexico)
Quote 1 0
Noble Legend
Safe Journeys hope you find what your looking for...
Quote 0 0
Mega066
A bit later than I would've liked but I do want to take the opportunity to thank you for all you've done for us.

And also express my dissatisfaction that we were considered minions and I was made aware of it. I could've put that on my resume for crying out loud!  
"Oh! I didn't realize. He's your pal is he? Your Chum? Do you have any idea what that bastard almost made you do?"

-Cortana 
Quote 2 0