Firefight 3.0? votes

Yee Haw 5 votes
100%
 Nah 0 votes
0%
 Warzone Alone is Good Enough 0 votes
0%
Please sign up or log in to vote.
Although I'm mainly a competitive multiplayer guy that's deeply invested in the story, I did always enjoy firefight; Especially 2.0 from Halo Reach. I have a lot of fond memories doing 4-player firefight customs with my buddies on beach head. I don't think it needs to replace Warzone but how about it coming back in addition to the return of warzone?

I think it returning with the ability to fight multiple factions would be cool. Like a choice of Covenant, Banished, Prometheans, or whatever new enemy might be in Infinite. Though I must stress I really hope they represent the covenant as they did in Halo reach, rather than H3, H4 etc. I personally loved the design and gameplay of the covenant from halo reach. Although I thought the brutes got the short end of the stick in reach, the elites were the best they've ever been. Both in terms of design and gameplay. I never was big on the elites, but the halo reach elites looked so fucking cool I had to buy McFarlane figures of the Ultra, General and Zealot. And the skirmishers were dope af. Especially the murmillos and champions. Really cool additions.

I've always been a bigger fan of the brutes, and for that reason I'd rather they return either as they appeared in H3 (armor wise, the physical appearance can be Halo reach era) or perhaps the brutes from the banished. Gameplay wise, the H2 brutes were sponges similar to the prometheans, and H3 brutes were boring to fight. They kinda just stood there. Probably the only brutes I enjoyed fighting in the franchise were the chieftains from reach. Only problem with them is they could be cheesed pretty easily with the addition of the needle rifle into the sandbox. Not to mention they had a glaring weakness to sniper rifle shots to the head. 

Either way, I just hope they don't repeat the AI from H4.
AND DEY SAY ZULUL AND DEY SAY ZULUL AND DEY SAY ZULUL
Quote 1 0
Benijam7
Real firefight, please. Warzone Firefight is kinda fun but ultimately a grind... though I guess Reach was too. Ultimately what I want is some sort of customizable firefight like Reach, but more than just spawn here, select x loadout, die, repeat, run out of lives. 

In the past I've questioned the feasibility of this, but I think that forging firefight maps would be a very valuable feature. Idk how it would be implemented but for those who have the capacity to figure it out, it should exist.
Quote 2 0
Tense
Benijam7 wrote:
Real firefight, please. Warzone Firefight is kinda fun but ultimately a grind... though I guess Reach was too. Ultimately what I want is some sort of customizable firefight like Reach, but more than just spawn here, select x loadout, die, repeat, run out of lives. 

In the past I've questioned the feasibility of this, but I think that forging firefight maps would be a very valuable feature. Idk how it would be implemented but for those who have the capacity to figure it out, it should exist.

Yea I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not sure how difficult it would be for the devs to take reach firefight and improve it with more customizability and options. Especially if its supposed to complement warzone 2.0 rather than replace it. I say this because I hear that warzone has a big following so I expect it to stay in somewhat. Though forging firefight maps would be pretty sick, I don't see how it would be a lot more difficult than forging for competitive multiplayer. Though once again im no dev.

I also hear that people are constantly asking for playable elites. I'm really against the idea of them being together with spartans in competitive due to balance reasons, as well as lore reasons. The last time they did it, they had to change the posture of the elites to that hunched over look (which I always thought was ugly) in order to make them roughly the same height as spartans. I'd rather they keep them as they were in halo reach and instead make dedicated game modes as elites. And if people really want to do elites WITH spartans in multiplayer, then maybe they could incorporate that option into firefight. 

Or how about this idea. IIRC in reach firefight, you had the option to play as an elite with covenant infantry as allies against other players. What if you could play as elites alongside covenant/banished infantry and take on AI Unsc forces (with spartans)? Basically, just reversing the roles. 
Quote 0 0
Mega066

I hope the take away from Warzone is that this PvP-PvE hybrid type stuff isn't what Halo players want. For us it seems to be either engaging PvE or meticulously engineered and balanced PvP with custom options to go nuts with if desired. Warzone going from such a hybrid experience to later seeing its PvE spin-off become the dominant way to play should be a testament to that. I'm hoping that Halo Infinite's tertiary game mode could be a good, solid PvE experience this time around without any nonsense thrown in.

Or they'll announce Halo's take on battle royal with Req packs and bosses mixed in with the PvP. Yay...    

"Oh! I didn't realize. He's your pal is he? Your Chum? Do you have any idea what that bastard almost made you do?"

-Cortana 
Quote 1 0
Tense
Mega066 wrote:

I hope the take away from Warzone is that this PvP-PvE hybrid type stuff isn't what Halo players want. For us it seems to be either engaging PvE or meticulously engineered and balanced PvP with custom options to go nuts with if desired. Warzone going from such a hybrid experience to later seeing its PvE spin-off become the dominant way to play should be a testament to that. I'm hoping that Halo Infinite's tertiary game mode could be a good, solid PvE experience this time around without any nonsense thrown in.

Or they'll announce Halo's take on battle royal with Req packs and bosses mixed in with the PvP. Yay...    

Interesting. I wasn't a huge fan of Warzone but I just assumed that it had a big following so I didn't say much against it. I agree on that, I like to play either PVP or PVE. No in between. I vote for just taking Halo Reach firefight and advancing it to the next level. More options, more ways to fight, more enemy types and factions to fight, and maybe even AI units to help the players. Also, I really like role reversals (Playing as Covenant against AI UNSC). It would be a cool way to move it forward.  
Quote 1 0
Gob
Mega066 wrote:

For us it seems to be either engaging PvE or meticulously engineered and balanced PvP with custom options to go nuts with if desired. Warzone going from such a hybrid experience to later seeing its PvE spin-off become the dominant way to play should be a testament to that

This is an interesting point
Quote 0 0