Mendicant Bias
As of now remasters of Halo CE and Halo 2 were large successes with MCC following suite to the nostalgia overload but does anyone feel like more could have been included?

Halo CE:Having CE released with former bungie employees being invited to chat about original concepts,what should have but didn't make it in (engineers ) and the atmosphere of creation over 10 years ago while 343I adds their own comments and comparisons to what is being dreamt for the current Halo era.

A skull could be created for allowing "new" weapons,rank types, creatures,levels,easter eggs,etc which originally couldn't make it in but would have been canon (engineers,skirmishers, energy gauntlet elites,etc).

Halo 2 : Including the original behind the scenes documentary would have been nice with any relevant modern additions. Considering the game is roughly 50-70% done adding the original intended missions which didn't make the cut within the gaps would be nice. A light-medium size novel could be written to cover cement details as The Flood did for CE.

Being able to access all the Halo games on a single system is a luxury i am grateful to have though it would have been nice to get more than convince and better graphics ultimately.
Quote 0 0
Gob
As of now remasters of Halo CE and Halo 2 were large successes with MCC following suite to the nostalgia overload but does anyone feel like more could have been included?

Halo CE:Having CE released with former bungie employees being invited to chat about original concepts,what should have but didn't make it in (engineers ) and the atmosphere of creation over 10 years ago while 343I adds their own comments and comparisons to what is being dreamt for the current Halo era.

A skull could be created for allowing "new" weapons,rank types, creatures,levels,easter eggs,etc which originally couldn't make it in but would have been canon (engineers,skirmishers, energy gauntlet elites,etc).

Halo 2 : Including the original behind the scenes documentary would have been nice with any relevant modern additions. Considering the game is roughly 50-70% done adding the original intended missions which didn't make the cut within the gaps would be nice. A light-medium size novel could be written to cover cement details as The Flood did for CE.

Being able to access all the Halo games on a single system is a luxury i am grateful to have though it would have been nice to get more than convince and better graphics ultimately.

The added terminals to a lot of what you describe here. And for H2A kind of ties in with Halo 5, or at least what the intention of 5 was to be.

I think they do a pretty decent job of giving us new things while not overall changing the face and identity of the game. Making new levels and such would probably be too much work with the old engines and all, and at that point would be more of a remake rather than a remaster. I'd imagine whatever levels were intended to be in OG H2, if they were to be remade, would clash with H3 at this point.

On the multiplayer side, I'm pretty sure most of H2s multiplayer was remade in H4s engine. This added a lot of things like, hitmarkers, grenade indicators etc. (which I have my own opinions on) and these things seem to be reimagining and more of a remake than a true remaster on H2.

I'd definitely recommend checking out those terminals though if you haven't already, it's seems to be just what you're getting at. They're all on YouTube at this point. 
Quote 0 0
Mendicant Bias
I'm talking more of fitting in cut missions,weapons and the like than terminals which no doubt are well received. Assuming remasters are going to be a standard across the industry with large title games i'd ultimately wish for more than better graphics.
Quote 0 0
Gob
I'm talking more of fitting in cut missions,weapons and the like than terminals which no doubt are well received. Assuming remasters are going to be a standard across the industry with large title games i'd ultimately wish for more than better graphics.

So one thing to make sure of is what we're calling it and what it actually is. A remaster would be what the anniversary games are; same game with new visuals. A remake would be building it from the ground up on a new engine, or an existing one (H2A's multiplayer is built off the H4 engine being an example).

So on a remaster, which is what the games currently are, adding cut levels would be very hard because it would require going back and working on old tech. Which in the case of Halo 2, was already pretty broken to begin with.

A remake would come with it's own set of challenges too. One being the time to make and the cost, as it's the entire game being made along with visuals. This would have the advantage of adding new things, like you said (weapons, levels etc.). While this might be a good way to update a game and have something like Halo 3 (2019), I can already hear people saying how it's not the same and feels different. 

So I guess it really comes down to what you'd want an Anniversary edition to be; a remaster or a remake. How long do you want to have to wait for it? Do we want it to feel exactly the same, or be an iteration upon the original?  
Quote 0 0
Verbalstatue253
Yes, yes and YES!! Halo is established, a remaster is the perfect opportunity to add content. 
Quote 0 0
LimyMage918
I'd like to see content added in remasters. spv3 has shown that it can be done without making the game feel like it lost the original halo feeling. the way h2a handled it was fine by adding stuff to the multiplayer then just updating the graphics and sounds but I kinda would like to see what halo 2 could've been like having a bonus, non-cannon campaign that is meant to simulate what bungie originally had in mind for halo 2.
Quote 0 0
SilentRebel38
I'm going to have to disagree with Halo CE. Granted that it's just a skull, ok, but the thing is that adding something to CE radically changes how you play the game. Adding in a BR or a Hornet already changes the game dramatically. SPV3 is a great example of this. It added so many weapons, mechanics, features and vehicles that it made some sections easier or harder... a reason why I don't find it as enjoyable as the vanilla Combat Evolved, because sections that previously didn't had gimmicks that felt cheap (like the Wraiths in Truth and Reconciliation) now exist. In this particular example, if you don't get in the Wraith immediately, you're likely dead, especially when you get inside the ship.

Halo 2 on the other hand doesn't suffer much from change. You can add in an Assault Rifle or Hawk and the game would remain largely unchanged, depending on what was added or not. But adding in the cut missions? It would radically change the story. The original story had Miranda betraying Chief. Most of the campaign would have to be redone in order to add in cut missions. I mean, 2 missions were completely replaced by a cutscene. But if it ever happened, I would be ok with it. More weapons, more enemies, more missions, extended missions, new story... new everything.
Quote 0 0